Henry Stanley Moore Kerrison

Oct 26, 1883

Born in Aldershot, England to Henry Francis and Fanny (nee Castle) Kerrison

Henry Stanley Kerrison married Mary Tipler in Stockport in the 2nd Quarter of 1906


Mar 1, 1911

Embarked the SS Sardinian in London



Mar 17, 1911

Disembarked in Saint John, New Brunswick and proceeded to Kingston, Ontario


Aug 12, 1911

Henry’s wife Mary and son Stanley Jr. embarked the SS Teutonic in Liverpool



Aug 20, 1911

Disembarked in Quebec City, Quebec and proceeded to Brockville, Ontario


Feb 22, 1915

Attested into the 21st Battalion in Kingston, Ontario


Ø  Number 59544 (temporary number 1247)

Ø  Next of kin given as Mrs. Mary Kerrison, wife, 114 Barrack St., Kingston, Ontario

Ø  Previous occupation given as Chef

Ø  No previous military experience given

Ø  Religion given as Church of England

Ø  Posted to the Depot Company

o   Employed as a Cook

The 21st Battalion trained in the Kingston, Ontario area through the winter of 1914-15.




Mar 26, 1915

Appointed to the rank of Acting Sergeant while employed as the Officers Mess Caterer


May 6, 1915

Embarked the RMS Metagama in Montreal, Quebec



May 15, 1915

Disembarked in Devonport, England and the battalion proceeded to the West Sandling Camp, near Hythe, Kent to continue training

His wife Mary and son Stanley Jr., followed later to join him in England


May 16, 1915

Granted working 3rd rate pay as a Cook while employed in the Officers Mess as a Cook


Jun 17, 1915

Promoted to the rank of provisional Sergeant and posted to “D” Company and granted working pay as a Cook


Jul 1, 1915

Confirmed in rank of Sergeant


Sep 14, 1915

Embarked the St. Seiriol in Folkestone



Sep 15, 1915

Disembarked in Boulogne, France and the battalion proceeded to St. Omer


Feb 14, 1916

Granted 9 days leave


Feb 23, 1916

Rejoined the battalion from leave


May 5, 1916

Admitted to the No. 5 CFA (Canadian Field Ambulance) with a diagnosis that reads Influenza


May 9, 1916

Transferred to the Division Rest Station


May 11, 1916

Transferred to the NMDRS (North Midland Division Rest Station) at Mont des Cats, France and the diagnosis was changed to read Myalgia in the back and legs


May 18, 1916

Discharged to duty from the rest station and rejoined the battalion


Jun 9, 1916

Admitted to the No. 5 Canadian Field Ambulance with a diagnosis that reads Inguinal Hernia and transferred the same day to the No. 4 Canadian Field Ambulance.  He reported that he began feeling pain after lifting a heavy stone


Jun 11, 1916

Discharged to duty from the field ambulance


Jul 17, 1916

Admitted to the No. 2 General Hospital with double hernia

Invalided to England aboard the Hospital Ship Marama


On arrival in England he was admitted to the Queen Alexandra Military Hospital in Millbank, London

Transferred to the CCAC (Canadian Casualty Assembly Centre) for pay purposes while in hospital


Jul 25, 1916

Surgery performed to repair his double hernia


Sep 1, 1916

Transferred to the Canadian Convalescent Hospital in Bromley


Oct 24, 1916

Discharged from hospital


Oct 30, 1916

Attached to the 39th Reserve Battalion in West Sandling


Jan 4, 1917

Attached to the newly formed 6th Reserve Battalion in West Sandling.  Shortly after the formation of the battalion, it was moved to Seaford to train reinforcements for the front


Jan 27, 1917

Henry’s wife Mary and son embarked the SS Carpathia in London



Feb 9, 1917

Mary and Stanley disembarked in Halifax, Nova Scotia and proceeded home to Kingston, Ontario


Mar 10, 1917

Transferred to the EORD (Eastern Ontario Regimental Depot) and remained attached to the 6th Reserve Battalion in Seaford


Jun 26, 1917

Transferred to the 6th Reserve Battalion permanent staff in Seaford and employed as a Cook


Feb 19, 1918

Transferred to the Eastern Ontario Regimental Depot and remained attached to the 6th Reserve Battalion


Feb 23, 1918

Ceased to be attached to the 6th Reserve Battalion and attached to the CDD (Canadian Discharge Depot) in Buxton pending return to Canada


Feb 27, 1918

Embarked the SS Orpington in Liverpool


Mar 16, 1918

Disembarked in Halifax, Nova Scotia and proceeded to Kingston, Ontario


Mar 19, 1918

Granted leave until April 1, 1918




Apr 18, 1918

Taken On Strength Military District No. 3 Casualty Company in Kingston


Jun 6, 1919

Taken on the establishment of the Discharge Section “H”


Aug 13, 1919

Transferred to the AMCD (Army Medical Corps Depot) and posted to the Queen’s Military Hospital in Kingston for duty


Sep 30, 1919

Transferred to the Military District No. 3 Depot and attached to the RCHA (Royal Canadian Horse Artillery) Depot for duty in Kingston


Oct 1, 1919

Admitted to the Kingston General Hospital with a diagnosis that reads External Otitis


Oct 14, 1919

Discharged to duty from hospital


Dec 24, 1919

Medical Board at the Sydenham Military Hospital in Kingston notes

Ø  Man suffers from a medium size Right Inguinal Hernia

Ø  A truss has been recommended to ease pain

Ø  Complains of pain after being on his feet all day or after lifting objects

Ø  Previous surgery to repair double hernia in 1916 but the right side recurred in 1917

Ø  Man is unfit for general service and board recommends discharge


Dec 31, 1919

Discharged from the CEF in Kingston, Ontario

Ø  Rank on discharge Sergeant

Ø  War Service Badge Class “A” issued number 45059

Ø  Proposed residence on discharge 138 Ordnance St., Kingston, Ontario

Following his discharge, the 1914-15 Star, British War Medal and Victory Medals were sent to him at 138 Ordnance St., Kingston, Ontario


Mar 15, 1940

The Canadian Voter list shows Stanley, wife Mary and son Stanley Jr. living at 2149 Gerrard St. E., Toronto, Ontario


Apr 9, 1953

Henry Stanley Kerrison died of a Heart Attack while a patient of the Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, Ontario and was buried in the Park Lawn Cemetery in Toronto


Return to Tribute list